Firebird News

Friday, June 17, 2005

Firebird Send Email Solution - Request for Testers

I have developed a solution for sending mail directly from a FB Database, primarily this solution is aimed at ISP's but it will work for any computer connected to the internet (with email access).

The solution has been written using PHP so is available on any platform supported by Firebird 1.5 and PHP. It will be available under the IDPL open source license. I am only able to test using SuperServer on Windows XP/2003 with PHP 4.3.9 and 5.0.4, but would appreciate if any one uses other platform/OS's who have a few mins to spare to help test, I would also appreciate a code review from a PHP expert as this is my first app written in PHP.

The solution is very simple and there are script's to add and remove all objects to/from a database. If you can help test please send an email to me (simon.carter @ tectsoft.com) and I will give you a link for a download. It is currently beta but initial tests have been positive :-)

Rgds

Si Carter

..::::..

No comments: