Firebird News

Monday, February 14, 2005

[firebird-php] Installing on Win32 + apache


--- In firebird-php@yahoogroups.com, Lester Caine wrote:
> sgharp wrote:
>
> > I've found something that is very significant. Just for a test, I
> > copied the php.ini to the C:\PHP folder and now I have an Interbase
> > section in the phpinfo() stuff. I suspect that the Apache service
> > doesn't have rights in the C:\Windows folder for whatever reason. Is
> > there any problem with having the php.ini file in C:\PHP permenantly?
>
> XP :(
> I have no intention of using it for server functions ( or desktop for
> that ;) ), but I bet SP2 has introduced some 'lock down's' that are
> causing your problems.
>
> > Also, what is the default dialect? All of my databases are dialect 3.
>
> It will be picked up from the database. You can't create a database
> through php, I call isql for that, and set up the dialect in that batch
> file.

Thanks for all your help. I'll name my next 4 kids Lester. Even if
they're girls. :-)

No comments: